|Job description||We are currently seeking a Splicing Supervisor Lead to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company. This role will suit an ambitious professional, capable of working in a dynamic environment in a client facing role
Based in our Dublin branch & working closely with our Splicing & Technical Manager you will supervise and manage the splicing & network build teams both in a technical and operational function.
|Responsibilities||• Forecast, track and manage various splicing & build field teams ensuring delivery on schedule and within cost as agreed with the clients and Entegro.
• Ensure that field staff and sub-contractors are closing out work to an acceptable standard.
• Working closely with the logistics supervisor, you we will ensure crews have stock and assets required to complete daily tasks.
• Hands on approach to training and mentoring in the field
• Provide technical solutions on field base FTTH deployments
• Issue scheduled reports to clients and Entegro management.
• Conduct reports and site audits, as confirmation that Entegro’s HSEQ and ISO standards are being adhered to.
• Track and manage daily output as requested by the project manager.
• Effectively - training, communicating, mentoring, managing & motivating your team
• Drive continuous improvement relative to the role.
• Programme works with a detailed efficiency to ensure maximum output.
• QC and audit works to ensure a high level of quality is adhered to.
• Ensure that sites align to the programme agreed with the field staff and sub-contractors.
• Ensure that field staff and sub-contractors are aware of the projects contents and requirements prior to works commencing.
• 2+ years in a similar position
• Skilled in FTTH networks - backhaul, trunk & distribution
• Technical qualification in fibre splicing
• Previous experience of managing field-based teams’ and sub-contractors.
• Previous experience of liaising with and reporting to your line manager programmes, staff outputs and future projections.
• Flexible and adaptable to work challenges and open to learn and develop skills
• Ability to multi-task and work to a high standard
• A high standard of written and spoken English
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
• Willingness to travel as required
• Full drivers’ licence.
• Proficient in Microsoft software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
• Proficient in the use of tablet, phones, and PC’s
• Previous experience within large scale network builds.
• Qualification in project management or similar
• Previous experience using ArcGIS.
• Experience/qualifications working on live power networks is highly sought after
• Our biggest benefit is our friendly and hardworking people!
• Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment.
• Company Vehicle / Fuel Card / Daily Subsistence
• Bonus Incentive
• Focused career development and progression opportunities
• Flexible Benefits Programme – a choice of flexible Benefits options like Health Insurance / Pension / Fitness - Gym Membership / Additional Annual Leave.
• Income Protection
• Death in Service Benefit
Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
A safe work environment requires continuous commitment from all managers, staff and contractors to ensuring their own safety and that of their colleagues. Consequently, establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment is not exclusively a management responsibility. All employees are required under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 (Chapter 2 Section 13 – Duties of Employees) to accept responsibility for co-operating in implementing safety policy, rules, standards, procedures, guidelines and codes. UK Guidance can be found in Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Section 7.