|Job description||In this role, you will be working as part of the Field Works Team. You will be based initially in Dublin and report to the Service Delivery Manager. You will be responsible for surveying and build tasks required to enable the provision of HFC & Fibre services to residential, business and MDU customers. You will also be dealing with members of the public, building owners and management companies etc. to ensure the required permissions are in place for detailed works. Remuneration is allocated depending on experience.|
|Responsibilities||• Walkout and survey area of proposed works to include chamber types, duct and external & internal cable routes, equipment positions.
• Identify and record existing HFC network detail, coaxial cables, fibre cables, taps, splitters, power inserters, filters, nodes, amplifiers, power supplies, etc.
• Surveying greenfield and brownfield sites for the enablement of both HFC & FTTH services.
• Compile data capture information with the use of paper maps and online survey tools.
• Survey new routes and quantify requirements – cable, civils, wayleaves etc.
• Identify any SED’s on route with vision to remove or document
• Assist in ensuring design plans meet network needs in terms of reliability and capacity, and ensure the network is built for ease of use from an operations perspective.
• Build work deployment of various type network architectures.
• Liaising with 3rd party stakeholders to ensure proposed works are agreeable.
|Skills required||• Must be an enthusiastic and driven individual!
• Meticulous in note taking, with a superior attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Good people orientation and communication skills.
• Logical approach to solving problems.
• Client focused.
• Willingness to travel.
• Work on your own or as part of team.
• Accustomed to working outside & at height.
• Ability to plan your day to gain maximum efficiency.
• Ability to deal with 3rd parties and members of public in a professional manner.
• Must hold a full category B drivers’ licence.
• Our biggest benefit is our friendly and hard working people!
• Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment.
• Bonus Incentive
• Company Vehicle / Fuel Card / Dailly Subsistence
• Focused career development and progression opportunities
• Flexible Benefits Programme – a choice of flexible Benefits options like Health Insurance / Pension / Income Protection / Fitness - Gym Membership / Additional Annual Leave.
• Provide Laya EAP Support to all employees and their families.
Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
A safe work environment requires continuous commitment from all managers, staff and contractors to ensuring their own safety and that of their colleagues. Consequently, establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment is not exclusively a management responsibility. All employees are required under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 (Chapter 2 Section 13 – Duties of Employees) to accept responsibility for co-operating in implementing safety policy, rules, standards, procedures, guidelines and codes. UK Guidance can be found in Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Section 7.